Assistant Wealth Advisor
ASSISTANT WEALTH ADVISOR
Waverly Advisors’ primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. We aren’t your typical wealth management firm. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day.
In this role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives Waverly Advisors forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and leader in your field and transform those around you as well.
We are looking to add an Assistant Wealth Advisor to our team in our Atlanta, GA office. The Assistant Wealth Advisor is an essential part of the Waverly Advisors team, providing comprehensive support to our high-net-worth clients by working closely with experienced Wealth Advisors. The Assistant Wealth Advisor assists advisors with the operational needs of their clients, helps to manage client relationships, and actively participates in the advanced planning process. This is accomplished through ongoing communication, excellent client service and outstanding operational support. This role is ideal for those who wish to develop client advisory skills under the guidance and mentorship of an experienced Wealth Advisory team. A successful candidate will have the ability to effectively communicate with clients and team members, critical attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, an energetic and positive attitude, and a willingness to learn. Organizational skills, resiliency and flexibility, promptness and the ability to anticipate needs are necessary in all tasks and responsibilities.
Assistant Wealth Advisor Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the client consulting process through the preparation and follow-up of each step of the client experience and active participation in client meetings
- Supports advisors’ business development efforts
- Executes client requests, updates client information, and follows up on open items for advisors and clients
- Builds a strong wealth management acumen with an understanding of Waverly’s investment philosophy and ongoing general market outlook, portfolio construction and management, goals-based financial planning, alongside estate, tax and philanthropic planning considerations
- Prepares client meeting material and attends client and/or prospect meetings
- Monitors clients’ asset allocations, rebalancing of portfolios, and trade recommendations by working with our internal trading team
- Manages completion of deliverables from start to finish with Client Service Associates and/or various internal and external parties as needed
- Provides diligent documentation of client communication and utilizes CRM software
- Serves day-to-day client needs and collaborates with team members to ensure the highest level of service
- Provides on-demand and scheduled reports to advisors and clients, as requested
- Participates in and contributes to team meetings, as assigned
- Reviews quarterly reports for accuracy
- Tracks and completes any special projects throughout the year as needed
- Manages client onboarding process and facilitates new account paperwork with admin team
- Utilizes various custodial platforms such as Schwab and Pershing to help maintain client accounts as needed
- No travel is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; strong preference given to MBA, CFA®, or CFP® professionals or those on track to earn any of these designations
- Detail-oriented self-starter with problem solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Effective speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent writing proficiency
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Coachable with the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Learning and development mindset and drive for continuous improvement
- Personal commitment to continuing education for professional development and growth
- Can-do attitude where no task is too big or small
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- One to five years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Desire to pursue CFA Certification
- Knowledge of Orion, Redtail, eMoney, Right Capital and/or custodial platforms
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Waverly Advisors, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at