Waverly Advisor’s primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. We aren’t your typical wealth management firm. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day.
In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives Waverly Advisors forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and leader in your field and transform those around you as well.
We are looking for a Billing Administrator to join our team and assist in our fast-paced environment. This position is crucial to our company as we continue to develop and expand. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the billing efforts for a $5 billion RIA with plans for significant growth in the future. This position reports to the COO and will include supervisory duties as the firm continues to grow.
Daily activities will include:
- Initiate and conduct quarterly billing and reporting, including ongoing auditing for accuracy of bills and reports and coordinating with vendors on third party invoices.
- Generate bills, client performance and revenue reports, and collect fees.
- Create and maintain households and accounts for clients, including account transfers at multiple custodians and in the portfolio management system (Orion).
- Produce ad hoc reports and data queries within the portfolio management system (Orion).
- Perform reconciliation of management fees billed and collected and work with accounting and finance to ensure management fees and accounts receivable are properly recorded.
- Work with the Compliance department to ensure compliance with contracts and applicable rules/regulations. Assist with compliance or regulatory audits or exams when necessary.
- Educate or train others regarding the quarterly billing and reporting process and the portfolio accounting software to ensure all have a strong general knowledge of billing as it relates to their individual role.
- Adhere to the firm’s core values at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold a four-year college degree and have 3-5 years of billing experience.
- Have experience with a portfolio management system (Orion, Tamarac, Black Diamond), in a multi-custodial environment, with Orion proficiency preferred.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of data and information.
- Be a self-starter who needs little oversight and has strong communication skills.
- Have great time management skills with the ability to structure competing responsibilities while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Possess the ability to maintain high service standards and problem-solve effectively when faced with new challenges.
- Work proficiently in Excel.
- Travel may be required at different times during the year and is estimated to be between 5-10%
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Waverly Advisors is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at HR@waverly-advisors.com.