Waverly Advisors’ primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. We aren’t your typical wealth management firm. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day.
In this role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives Waverly Advisors forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and leader in your field and transform those around you as well.
We are looking to add an Investment Analyst to our team in our Birmingham, AL office. The Investment Analyst is an essential part of the Waverly Advisors’ team. Waverly invests across public and private markets, including equities, fixed income, hedge funds, private equity, and real estate. This team member will gather and analyze financial information needed to forecast trends and support sound investment decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for serving others, a competitive spirit, a team mindset, and a desire to impact the community.
Investment Analyst Responsibilities:
- Work with the Chief Investment Officers on the full investment process, including idea generation, underwriting and monitoring.
- Gather and analyze fundamental data to inform the asset allocation strategy, as well as investment decisions made by the Investment Committee.
- Work with wealth advisors on designing portfolios for prospective clients.
- Prepare internal and external communications on relevant investment topics, to better help clients and advisors navigate volatile markets.
- Analyze, create, and execute trades in client portfolios to bring into alignment with investment allocations. Process simple and complex tax trading requests for gain/losses at advisors’ request.
- No travel is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a special emphasis in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- One to five years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with financial analysis software such as Bloomberg
- Desire to pursue CFA Certification
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Waverly Advisors, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.