SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
Waverly Advisor’s primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. We aren’t your typical wealth management firm. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day.
In this role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives Waverly Advisors forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and leader in your field and transform those around you as well.
We are looking for a Senior Fund Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia who will supervise and review the day-to-day accounting and finance administrative functions in support of the firm’s private fund investment activities. The Senior Fund Accountant will also contribute to the team’s ability to develop, drive, and execute team-specific goals and objectives. This position offers a great opportunity to become a part of a team that is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are consistently striving to better ourselves so that we can better support our clients.
Everyday activities include:
- Coordinate and manage the annual year-end audits of each proprietary alternative investment products and respond to confirmation requests of underlying investments. Serve as point of contact for external auditors.
- Supervise and compile the annual partnership tax returns and tax estimates for the firm’s proprietary alternative investment vehicles alongside the firm tax preparer.
- Review third-party administrators’ compilation of monthly/quarterly NAV packages, capital call allocations, incentive fee accruals, and statements.
- Be a resource and provide guidance and oversight of fund-related paperwork and subscription processes to the firm’s advisor and client service teams.
- Review data uploads of financial transactions and valuation adjustments for the firm’s private investment portfolio.
- Supervise team members performing valuation, tax, audit, and operation related activity.
- Implement and design process improvements and scalable initiatives to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Maintain internal records to track legal documents, client documents, tax records, and related support materials.
- Communicate with external counterparties to build relationships and ensure firm is informed on upcoming activities.
- Respond to advisor and financial planner requests related to fund reporting and performance.
- Complete assignments related to financial operations, firm operations, and financial reporting.
- Manage the annual registration renewal process.
- Coordinate and correspond with compliance on all proprietary alternative investment products, including assisting with compliance oversight and annual ADV reporting.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold a four-year college degree in finance, accounting, or a related major.
- Have at least five years of fund administration, fund accounting, or investment accounting experience in finance-oriented organization.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to have a positive impact on the people around you.
- Be proactive and able to anticipate the needs of those the role supports.
- Have a high-level of Excel proficiency (Index/Match, VLookup, Pivot Tables, Data Integration, etc.)
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to structure responsibilities, tasks, and project management while prioritizing and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Maintain a high level of organization and have great attention to detail.
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities and conditions throughout the day or week all while continuing to respond calmly and maintain performance standards.
- Maintain high service standards and problem solve effectively when faced with new challenges.
- Be energetic and possess a positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Be self-motivated with commitment to excellence and high-quality standards.
- Travel may be required at different times during the year and is estimated to be between 10% and 20%.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
Waverly Advisors is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at HR@waverly-advisors.com.