Waverly Advisors’ primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. We aren’t your typical wealth management firm. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day.
In this role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives Waverly Advisors forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and leader in your field and transform those around you as well.
We are looking to add an Intern to our team in our Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL office in a hybrid remote role. From our perspective, a successful internship will be one which provides the intern a good base knowledge of our business, gives the intern opportunities to learn, grow, and ask questions, and aids various Waverly team members over the course of the internship.
As a Tax Intern, you will gain a baseline understanding of our wealth management practice in areas including:
- Reporting tax information of Investments to internal/external parties
- Participating in preparation of proprietary alternative investment tax returns
- Assisting our client’s tax preparers in compiling client tax information
- Communicating with investment managers on tax expectations
- Preparing tax estimates of alternative investments for clients
- Serving as a liaison between firm advisors and the private fund/alternatives team
- Utilizing custodial platforms to access brokerage information
Other miscellaneous tasks could include:
- Database cleanup, report generation, etc.
- Document and meeting organization
- No travel is required.
- Qualified candidates will be pursuing their bachelor’s degree in accounting with an interest specifically within individual/entity/investment tax preparation.
- Candidates will have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- The intern position is a part-time temporary position, therefore this position is not eligible for company-sponsored benefits or Paid Time Off (PTO).
Waverly Advisors, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.